Are you in need of a dental cleaning? Well, look no further. Your Virginia Beach, VA, dentist can help you with all of your family dentistry needs.
More on Oral Hygiene
An unhealthy oral regimen can breakdown enamel allowing cavities to form. If you don't brush your teeth and floss, the result is the accumulation of plaque, which contains an acid-producing bacteria that breaks down the enamel. This exposes the sensitive layers of the tooth and allows bacteria to infect the pulp, unless the cavity is dealt with immediately.
- Root Canals: If your tooth develops an infection and the pulp of the tooth is infected, you may experience severe pain. The only way to treat this issue is for your doctor to clean out the canal and seal it.
- Sealants: Your dentist will clean and dry your tooth, then apply an acid gel on the surface of the tooth, the chewing surface will become rougher. Your doctor will then remove the gel, dry the tooth and apply sealant onto the grooves and expose it to a special blue light to make the sealant hard. This will prevent bacteria from entering grooves and cracks in your teeth and deteriorating your teeth.
- Dental Implants: If cavities have deteriorated your tooth, a dental implant may help you. Dental implants consist of replacing the tooth root with a titanium post and placing an abutment and crown on top. This will strengthen your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
Your Virginia Beach dentist will examine your teeth, diagnose any disease you may have, such as gum disease, then your dentist or hygienist will perform a regular cleaning. If there's gum disease, then your doctor will deep clean your teeth to help resolve the issue and induce healing.
Dental and Oral Care
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash
- Flossing at least once before bed
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
- Drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque
If you have any questions and/or concerns about any family dentistry procedure, or would simply like to ask a question about dental cleaning, just call your Virginia Beach, VA, dentist today!